Print in whichever language is showing · 显示哪种语言就打印哪种
Preparation workbook · Marriage-based adjustment of status婚姻类身份调整 · 面谈准备手册
Two people, one life: preparing for your USCIS interview两个人,一种生活: 美国移民局面谈准备
A worksheet for married couples to recall, compare, and describe their shared life before the green card interview. Answer separately first. Compare afterward. The goal is accurate memory, not a rehearsed script.这是一份给夫妻在绿卡面谈前使用的练习本,用来回忆、对照并描述你们共同的生活。先各自分开作答,之后再一起核对。目的是把记忆理清楚,而不是背一套台词。
How to use this workbook使用方法
Print two copies — or use one copy with each partner writing in a different color. Left half of every answer box is Partner A. Right half is Partner B.印两份,或者共用一份、两人用不同颜色的笔写。每个答题框的左半边是配偶 A,右半边是配偶 B。
Answer in separate rooms. Do not discuss while writing. This is the only way to find out what you actually each know.分开在两个房间作答。写的时候不要商量。只有这样才知道你们各自到底了解多少。
Come back together and compare section by section. Where answers differ, write the question numbers in the amber strip at the end of that section.再坐到一起,一节一节对照。答得不一样的,把题号写在该节末尾的黄色栏里。
Talk through the differences. Most will be ordinary — different memories of the same day. Some will be things one of you simply never knew. Learn them now.把不一致的地方谈开。大部分只是同一天的记忆不同,很正常;有些是其中一方从来不知道的事,现在补上就好。
Move every unresolved item to the Discrepancy Log at the back, and bring that page to your attorney.还没解决的都写到最后一页的差异记录表,并把那一页带给律师。
Repeat the hardest sections a week before the interview. Do not memorize wording. Recall the events.面谈前一周,把最难的几节再做一次。不要背句子,要回想事情本身。
Read this before you write anything动笔之前请先读这一段
Everything you say at the interview is under oath. The purpose of this workbook is to help you remember your own life clearly and to notice gaps in what you know about each other. It is not a script, and it must never be used to invent, align, or rehearse facts that are not true. A rehearsed answer sounds rehearsed; a remembered one does not.面谈时所说的一切都是在宣誓之下作出的。这本练习册的作用,是帮你们把自己的生活回忆清楚,并发现彼此了解上的空白。它不是台词本,绝不可以用来编造、对口径或排练不真实的内容。背出来的回答听得出来是背的,真正想起来的不会。
Disagreeing is normal. Real couples give different answers about who paid for dinner in 2023. Officers know this. What draws scrutiny is a couple who answer identically and mechanically, or who cannot describe daily life at all.答得不一样很正常。真实的夫妻也会记不清 2023 年那顿饭是谁付的。面谈官清楚这一点。真正会引起怀疑的,是两个人答得一模一样、像背书,或者根本说不出日常生活的样子。
"I don't remember" is a complete and acceptable answer. So is "I'm not sure — I think it was around March." Guessing to fill silence is what creates contradictions.“我不记得了”是一个完整且可以接受的回答。“我不太确定,大概是 3 月左右”也一样。为了不冷场而乱猜,才会造出前后矛盾。
This workbook is not legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship. Anything in Section 17 (prior relationships, immigration and criminal history) should go to a licensed immigration attorney before your interview, not to anyone else.本手册不构成法律意见,也不建立律师与当事人的关系。第 17 节的内容(过往婚姻、移民史、案底)请在面谈前交给持牌移民律师,不要交给其他人。
01
How you met你们如何相识
The officer is listening for a story with texture — a specific place, a reason each of you was there, a first exchange. Vague beginnings are the most common weak point.面谈官想听到有细节的故事:具体的地点、你们各自当时为什么在那里、第一句话说了什么。开头讲得含糊,是最常见的弱点。
AB
Date (or month and year) you first met.第一次见面的日期(或年月)。
City and exact place.城市和具体地点。
How you met — introduced by whom, app or website name, or circumstance.怎么认识的:谁介绍的、通过哪个软件或网站、或者在什么场合。
Why each of you was there that day.那天你们各自为什么会在那里。
Who spoke first, and roughly what was said.谁先开口,大概说了什么。
Your honest first impression of the other person.你对对方最真实的第一印象。
Who else was present or witnessed the meeting.当时还有谁在场,或者谁看到了。
Did you exchange contact information that day? Which app or number?那天有没有交换联系方式?用的哪个软件或哪个号码?
What the first message or call after that meeting was about.见面之后的第一条消息或第一通电话,聊了什么。
How many days until you saw each other again.隔了多少天再次见面。
Date of your first date.第一次约会的日期。
Where you went, what you ate, who paid, how you got there.去了哪里、吃了什么、谁付的钱、怎么去的。
What each of you wore or how the other looked.你们各自穿了什么,或者对方当时是什么样子。
When you agreed to date only each other.什么时候确定只和对方交往。
Who said "I love you" first — when, where, what prompted it.谁先说的“我爱你”:什么时候、在哪里、当时因为什么。
First friend of theirs you met, and when.你见到的对方第一个朋友是谁,什么时候见的。
If you were long-distance: dates of that period, which apps you used, typical time of day you spoke, time difference.如果曾经异地:那段时间的起止、常用哪个软件联系、一般几点通话、时差多少。
Date you first traveled to see each other, and who traveled.第一次为见面而出行的日期,是谁去的。
Date you began living together, and at what address.开始同住的日期和当时的地址。
Where your earliest photos together are stored, and what the oldest one shows.你们最早的合照存在哪里,最早那张拍的是什么。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
02
The proposal and engagement求婚与订婚
Small physical details matter here — the ring, the room, who was told first. Couples who married quickly or informally should still be able to describe how the decision was made.这里看的是具体细节:戒指、当时的场景、第一个告诉的人。就算结婚很快或者没有仪式,也要能说清楚这个决定是怎么做出来的。
AB
Date and time of day of the proposal.求婚的日期和大概时间。
Where it happened — address or venue, and what the room or place looked like.在哪里发生:地址或场所名称,以及当时的环境是什么样子。
Who proposed, and what was actually said.谁求的婚,当时具体说了什么。
Was anyone else present? Were there photos or video?当时还有别人在场吗?有没有照片或录像?
If there was no formal proposal, describe how you decided together to marry.如果没有正式求婚,写下你们是怎么一起决定结婚的。
Is there an engagement ring? Who bought it, where, and roughly when.有订婚戒指吗?谁买的、在哪买的、大概什么时候。
Describe the ring — metal, stone, size. Is it worn now? If not, why.描述这枚戒指:材质、宝石、尺寸。现在还戴吗?不戴的话为什么。
Who was told first, and how they reacted.第一个告诉了谁,对方什么反应。
How each family reacted to the news.双方家人知道后各自是什么反应。
Length of engagement — from proposal to wedding.从求婚到结婚之间隔了多久。
Why you chose to marry when you did.为什么选在那个时候结婚。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
03
The wedding婚礼
Expect questions about the day itself and about who was and was not there. A small courthouse wedding is completely normal — be ready to say plainly why you chose it.面谈官会问那一天的经过,也会问谁来了、谁没来。在法院登记的小型婚礼很正常,只要能坦白说出为什么这样办就可以。
AB
Wedding date and day of the week.结婚日期,以及那天是星期几。
Exact venue name, street address, city, county.举办地点名称、街道地址、城市、县。
Civil, religious, or both. Time of day.是登记、宗教仪式,还是两者都有。大概几点。
Officiant's name and title.主持人的姓名和身份。
Witnesses' names and their relationship to you.证婚人姓名,以及和你们的关系。
Number of guests.来了多少位客人。
Who attended from each side — names.双方各有哪些人到场,写下姓名。
Who could not attend, and why.谁没能来,原因是什么。
What each of you wore, including colors.你们各自穿了什么,包括颜色。
Were rings exchanged? Describe them. Are they worn now?有没有交换戒指?描述一下。现在还戴吗?
Was there a reception? Where, and what was served.有没有办酒席?在哪里,吃了什么。
Was there a cake? Music? Who chose it.有蛋糕吗?有音乐吗?谁挑的。
Who paid for the wedding, and approximately how much.婚礼是谁出的钱,大概花了多少。
Who took photographs or video, and where they are stored.谁拍的照片或录像,现在存在哪里。
What you did immediately after the ceremony, and where you slept that night.仪式结束后马上做了什么,那天晚上住在哪里。
Was there a honeymoon? Where, when, who paid. If not, why not.有没有度蜜月?去哪里、什么时候、谁付的钱。没去的话为什么。
Which county or authority issued the marriage certificate, and where the original is kept.结婚证是哪个县或哪个机关发的,原件放在哪里。
Did either of you change your name? What is on your current ID?有人改姓名了吗?现在证件上写的是什么。
Was there a second ceremony, a banquet, or a celebration abroad? Dates and details.有没有第二场仪式、喜宴,或者在国外办的庆祝?写下日期和细节。
If your wedding was very small or very fast, explain the real reason in your own words.如果婚礼办得很简单或很仓促,用自己的话写出真实原因。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
04
An ordinary day平常的一天
This is the heart of the interview. Two people who live together know the rhythm of each other's days without thinking. Answer as your week actually is, not as an ideal.这是面谈的核心。真正住在一起的两个人,不用想就知道对方一天的节奏。按你们实际的一周来写,不要写理想中的样子。
AB
What time does each of you wake on a workday? Who wakes first?工作日各自几点起床?谁先醒?
Alarm on a phone, a clock, or no alarm? What sound?用手机闹钟、闹钟,还是不用闹钟?铃声是什么?
Who showers first, and at what time of day does each of you shower?谁先洗澡?你们各自习惯什么时候洗?
What does each of you eat or drink first in the morning? Who makes it?早上各自第一样吃或喝的是什么?谁准备的?
What time does each leave the house? Who leaves first?各自几点出门?谁先走?
How does each of you get to work — car, bus, train, walk? How long?各自怎么去上班:开车、公交、地铁还是走路?要多久?
Do you contact each other during the day? How, and about what time?白天会联系吗?用什么方式,大概几点?
Who gets home first, and at what time?谁先到家,几点?
What time do you usually eat dinner, and where in the home?一般几点吃晚饭,在家里的哪个位置吃?
Who does the cooking, dishes, laundry, bathroom, floors, trash, bills, groceries?做饭、洗碗、洗衣、打扫卫生间、拖地、倒垃圾、交账单、买菜,各自负责哪些?
What do you usually do between dinner and bed?晚饭后到睡觉之前一般做什么?
What show or series are you currently watching together? Where did you leave off?最近一起在追什么剧?看到哪里了?
Last movie you watched together, and where.上一次一起看的电影是什么,在哪里看的。
What time does each of you go to sleep? Who falls asleep first?各自几点睡?谁先睡着?
Who locks the door and turns off the lights?谁锁门、谁关灯?
What a typical Saturday looks like for the two of you.你们典型的周六是怎么过的。
What days off does each of you have?各自哪几天休息?
Which language do you speak to each other at home? Does either of you speak the other's language?在家你们用什么语言交流?有没有人会说对方的语言?
What do you call each other at home — nicknames, terms of endearment?在家怎么称呼对方?有没有小名或昵称?
What you disagree about most often, and how it usually gets settled.你们最常为什么事意见不合,通常怎么解决。
Date of your last disagreement, and what it was about.最近一次闹不愉快是什么时候,因为什么事。
Something small your partner does that you find endearing.对方有什么小习惯是你觉得很可爱的。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
05
Your home你们的家
Officers ask about the physical home because a person who lives somewhere can describe it without effort. Walk through your home in your mind as you answer.面谈官问家里的细节,是因为真正住在那里的人不用费力就能描述出来。回答的时候,在脑子里从门口走一遍。
AB
Full address including unit number, and the date you both moved in.完整地址(含门牌号),以及两人搬进去的日期。
House, apartment, condo, or room? Which floor? Stairs or elevator?是独立屋、公寓、共管公寓还是租的房间?几楼?走楼梯还是电梯?
Number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and total rooms.几间卧室、几个卫生间、一共几个房间。
Color of the front door and what is on or beside it.大门什么颜色,门上或门旁边有什么。
Where the mailbox is, whose names are on it, who collects the mail.信箱在哪里,上面写着谁的名字,谁去取信。
Rent or mortgage amount, the day it is due, and how it is paid.房租或房贷金额、每月几号到期、用什么方式付。
Landlord or management company name, and phone number.房东或物业公司的名称和电话。
Whose names are on the lease, deed, or mortgage?租约、房产证或贷款上写的是谁的名字?
Utilities — electricity, gas, water, trash, internet: company name and whose name is on each account.水、电、燃气、垃圾、网络:各是哪家公司,账户登记在谁名下。
Internet provider, and the wifi network name.网络运营商是哪家,无线网名称是什么。
Describe the living room — furniture, colors, what is on the walls.描述客厅:家具、颜色、墙上挂了什么。
TV: brand, approximate size, which room, mounted or on a stand.电视:牌子、大概尺寸、放在哪个房间、挂墙还是放柜子上。
Where the vacuum and cleaning supplies are kept.吸尘器和清洁用品放在哪里。
Trash and recycling collection day, and where the bins are kept.垃圾和回收哪天收,垃圾桶放在哪里。
Vehicles: make, model, color, year, plate, and who drives which. Where they are parked.车辆:品牌、型号、颜色、年份、车牌,各自开哪一辆,停在哪里。
Whose names are on the car title, registration, and auto insurance?车辆产权、注册和保险上写的是谁的名字?
Who has keys to the home? Where is a spare kept?谁有家里的钥匙?备用钥匙放在哪里?
Anyone else living in the home — name and relationship.家里还有别人住吗?姓名和关系。
Neighbors' names, or how you would describe them.邻居叫什么名字,或者你会怎么形容他们。
Do you have renter's or homeowner's insurance? With whom, and who is named?有租客险或房屋险吗?哪家公司,保单上写了谁?
The last repair or maintenance problem in the home, and who handled it.家里最近一次维修或故障是什么,谁处理的。
Where each of you keeps important documents.你们各自把重要文件放在哪里。
If you have lived at more than one address as a couple, list each with dates.如果婚后住过不止一个地址,把每个地址和住的时间都列出来。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
06
The bedroom and the body卧室与身体细节
These questions appear mainly in a separated interview. They can feel intrusive. They are answered plainly and briefly. Nothing here is about performance — it is about whether two people share a room.这些问题主要出现在分开面谈的时候。可能会让人觉得被冒犯,但只要简短、平实地回答就好。这不是考验感情,只是看两个人是不是真的同住一室。
AB
Which side of the bed does each of you sleep on, standing at the foot of the bed looking toward the headboard?站在床尾朝床头看,你们各自睡哪一边?
Bed size, and the color of the sheets and comforter currently on it.床的尺寸,以及现在床单和被子的颜色。
How many windows are in the bedroom? Curtains or blinds, and what color?卧室有几扇窗?挂的是窗帘还是百叶,什么颜色?
What is on each nightstand right now?此刻两边床头柜上各放着什么?
Where does each of you charge a phone at night?晚上各自在哪里给手机充电?
Is there a TV, fan, air purifier, or humidifier in the bedroom?卧室里有电视、风扇、空气净化器或加湿器吗?
Preferred room temperature, and who adjusts it.习惯把室温调到多少,谁负责调。
Who snores? Who talks in their sleep? Who steals the blanket?谁打呼?谁说梦话?谁抢被子?
What does each of you wear to sleep?各自穿什么睡觉。
Which closet or dresser drawers belong to whom?衣柜或抽屉分别是谁在用。
Glasses, contact lenses, retainer, night guard, CPAP — who uses what?眼镜、隐形眼镜、保持器、护牙套、呼吸机:谁在用什么。
Color of each toothbrush, where they are kept, brand of toothpaste.两支牙刷各是什么颜色、放在哪里、用什么牌子的牙膏。
Shampoo, soap, or skincare brands each of you uses.各自用什么牌子的洗发水、香皂或护肤品。
Who showers at night, who in the morning.谁晚上洗澡,谁早上洗。
Tattoos, scars, birthmarks, moles — what and where.纹身、疤痕、胎记、痣:是什么、在哪个位置。
Does your partner wear jewelry daily? What?对方每天戴首饰吗?戴什么?
Are you using contraception or trying to conceive? Have you discussed it?目前是在避孕还是在备孕?你们讨论过吗?
Have you ever been separated overnight since marrying? When, and why?结婚以后有没有分开过夜?什么时候,为什么?
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
07
Food, kitchen, shopping饮食、厨房与采购
Food questions are easy to answer honestly and hard to fake. They also tend to relax a tense interview.关于吃的问题,老实答很容易,编却很难。这类问题也往往能让紧张的面谈松一口气。
AB
Your partner's favorite food, and the food they refuse to eat.对方最爱吃什么,最不肯吃什么。
Any food allergies or intolerances, and any dietary or religious restrictions.有没有食物过敏或不耐受,有没有饮食或宗教上的忌口。
The one dish each of you cooks best.你们各自最拿手的一道菜。
What you ate for dinner last night, and who prepared it.昨晚吃了什么,谁做的或谁点的。
The last meal you ate together outside the home — where and when.上一次一起在外面吃饭是在哪里、什么时候。
Your usual restaurant, and your usual order at it.你们常去的餐厅,以及常点的菜。
Coffee or tea — how does each of you take it, and from where?咖啡还是茶?各自怎么喝,平时在哪里买。
Does either of you drink alcohol or smoke? How much, how often?有人喝酒或抽烟吗?量多少,多久一次?
Which grocery store, at which location, and who usually goes?常去哪家超市、哪个位置,一般谁去?
How often do you shop, and how is it paid for?多久买一次,用什么方式付款?
Three things always in your refrigerator.冰箱里一定有的三样东西。
Color and brand of the refrigerator; is anything on the door?冰箱的颜色和牌子;门上贴了什么吗?
What is usually for breakfast on a weekend?周末的早餐一般吃什么?
Who packs lunch, or where does each of you eat during the workday?谁准备午饭,或者上班时各自在哪里吃?
A food from your partner's childhood or home country that matters to them.对方小时候或家乡的哪样食物对他很重要。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
08
Money and shared life金钱与共同生活
Financial commingling is among the strongest evidence a marriage is real. Where your finances are separate, be ready to explain honestly why — many genuine couples keep money apart.财务上的混同是证明婚姻真实最有力的材料之一。如果你们的钱是分开管的,准备好如实说明原因,很多真实的夫妻也是各管各的。
AB
Do you have a joint bank account? Which bank, which branch, opened when?有联名账户吗?哪家银行、哪个分行、什么时候开的?
Approximate current balance, and who deposits into it.现在大概有多少余额,平时谁往里存钱。
Individual accounts each of you holds, and at which banks.你们各自还有哪些个人账户,在哪些银行。
Who pays which bill — rent, utilities, phone, insurance, groceries, car.房租、水电、电话、保险、买菜、车:各项由谁付。
Approximate monthly income of each of you, and how often each is paid.各自月收入大概多少,多久发一次工资。
Is either paycheck direct-deposited? To which account?工资是直接打进账户吗?打到哪个账户?
Did you file taxes jointly or separately last year? Who prepared them?去年报税是联合报还是分开报?谁办的?
Credit cards — is either of you an authorized user on the other's card?信用卡:有没有一方是另一方卡的附属卡持有人?
Outstanding debts: student loans, car loans, credit cards, medical, family.还没还清的债务:学贷、车贷、信用卡、医疗费、欠亲友的钱。
Health insurance: whose plan, which carrier, is the spouse a dependent?医疗保险:用谁的计划、哪家公司、配偶有没有列为受养人?
Life insurance: who is named as beneficiary?人寿保险的受益人写的是谁?
Auto and renter's insurance: whose names appear?车险和租客险上写了谁的名字?
Does either of you send money to family abroad? How much, how often, how sent?有人往国外家里汇钱吗?多少、多久一次、用什么方式?
Largest purchase you have made together, and when.你们一起买过最贵的东西是什么,什么时候买的。
What are you currently saving toward?目前在为什么事存钱?
Who manages the household budget?家里的钱主要谁管?
How money is decided when you disagree about a purchase.在花钱上意见不同时,怎么做决定。
Cell phone plan — one account or two? Whose name?手机套餐是一个账户还是两个?在谁名下?
Shared memberships or subscriptions — gym, warehouse club, streaming.共用的会员或订阅:健身房、会员超市、视频网站。
Emergency contact listed at each of your workplaces.各自在单位登记的紧急联系人是谁。
Wills, powers of attorney, or advance directives naming each other?有没有把对方写进遗嘱、授权书或医疗预嘱?
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
09
Families and the people around you家人与身边的人
Knowing your in-laws by name, and knowing which relatives disapprove, reads as real. Family distance is not a problem — unexplained family distance is.叫得出岳父母或公婆的名字,知道哪位亲戚不赞成,这些都很真实。和家里疏远本身不是问题,说不清为什么疏远才是问题。
AB
Your partner's mother's full name, approximate age, city where she lives.对方母亲的全名、大概年龄、住在哪个城市。
Your partner's father's full name, approximate age, city where he lives.对方父亲的全名、大概年龄、住在哪个城市。
Are your partner's parents living, married, divorced, remarried?对方父母是否在世?婚姻状况是已婚、离异还是再婚?
Your partner's siblings — names, ages, where they live, spouses, children.对方的兄弟姐妹:姓名、年龄、住在哪里、配偶、子女。
When and where you first met each of your partner's parents.第一次见到对方父母各是在什么时候、什么地方。
What that first meeting was like, and what was said.第一次见面的情形是怎样的,说了些什么。
What you call your in-laws.你怎么称呼对方的父母。
Have the two families met each other? When, where?两家人见过面吗?什么时候、在哪里?
Do the families speak by phone or video? How often, and who initiates?两家人会通电话或视频吗?多久一次,一般谁先联系?
Did anyone in either family object to the marriage? Who, and why?双方家里有人反对这桩婚事吗?谁,为什么?
Last family gathering you attended together — date, place, who was there.最近一次一起参加的家庭聚会:日期、地点、有谁在。
Whose family do you spend major holidays with?重要节日一般在哪一边的家里过?
How often do you video call relatives abroad, and at what time of day?多久和国外的亲人视频一次,一般几点?
Your partner's closest friend — name, how they know each other.对方最好的朋友是谁,他们怎么认识的。
Your own closest friend, and whether your partner has met them.你自己最好的朋友是谁,对方见过吗。
Who from your lives attends your birthdays?过生日时一般有哪些人在场?
Who would you call first in an emergency, other than each other?出事时除了彼此,你们各自第一个会打给谁?
Who among your friends or family could write a supporting affidavit, and how they know you as a couple.哪些亲友可以写证明信,他们是怎么了解你们这段关系的。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
10
Health健康
Spouses know each other's bodies and appointments. Share only what you are comfortable putting in writing — but know the answers.夫妻会知道对方的身体状况和看病的安排。写下来的内容以你愿意写的为准,但答案心里要有数。
AB
Ongoing health conditions each of you has.你们各自有哪些长期的健康问题。
Medications each takes regularly, and what they are for.各自长期吃什么药,治什么的。
Name and location of each of your doctors or clinics.各自的医生或诊所叫什么、在哪里。
When did each of you last see a doctor, and why?各自上一次看医生是什么时候,为什么?
Dentist name, and last dental visit.牙医是谁,上次看牙是什么时候。
Glasses or contacts? Prescription strength if known.戴眼镜还是隐形?知道度数的话写下来。
Any surgeries or hospital stays since you met — when and where.认识以后有没有做过手术或住过院,什么时候、在哪里。
Who went with whom to those appointments?那些看诊或住院时,谁陪谁去的?
Health insurance carrier, plan, and who is covered.医疗保险公司、计划名称,以及谁在保障范围内。
Any pregnancies, miscarriages, or fertility treatment, if applicable.如果有的话:怀孕、流产或做过的生育治疗。
Does either of you exercise? Where, how often?有人运动吗?在哪里,多久一次?
Last time one of you was sick — what happened and who cared for whom.上一次你们其中一个生病:当时的情况,是谁在照顾谁。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
11
Work, school, background工作、学历与背景
Know what your partner actually does all day, not just their job title.要知道对方一整天到底在做什么,而不只是知道职位名称。
AB
Your partner's employer name and work address.对方的公司名称和上班地址。
Their exact job title, and what they actually do.具体职位是什么,实际做的是什么工作。
Their schedule — days and hours.上班时间:哪几天、几点到几点。
Their supervisor's name.上司叫什么名字。
How long they have worked there, and what they did before.在那里做了多久,之前做什么的。
Approximate salary or hourly rate.大概的薪水或时薪。
Have they had a raise, promotion, or job change since you married?结婚后有没有加薪、升职或换工作?
Do they like their job? What is the hardest part of it?他喜欢这份工作吗?最难的部分是什么?
Highest level of education, school name, city, year completed.最高学历、学校名称、所在城市、毕业年份。
Field of study, and any professional license or certification.所学专业,以及有没有执照或资格证。
Are either of you currently studying? Where, and in what?目前有人在读书吗?在哪里读,读什么?
Languages each of you speaks, and how well.各自会哪些语言,程度如何。
Military service, if any — country, branch, years.有没有服过兵役:哪个国家、哪个军种、哪几年。
Places each of you has lived, with approximate dates.各自住过哪些地方,大概的时间。
Where each of you was born, and where you grew up.各自出生在哪里,在哪里长大。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
12
Dates, gifts, celebrations, belief纪念日、礼物、节日与信仰
Forgetting your own anniversary is survivable. Not knowing whether your spouse is religious is not.忘了结婚纪念日还有救;连配偶有没有信仰都不知道,就说不过去了。
AB
Your partner's date of birth, and place of birth.对方的出生日期和出生地。
Their parents' birthdays, if you know them.对方父母的生日(如果知道)。
Your wedding anniversary date. Any other date you mark as an anniversary?结婚纪念日是哪天?还有别的纪念日吗?
What you did for your last anniversary.上一个纪念日你们做了什么。
What you did for your partner's last birthday — where, who was there.对方上一次过生日做了什么:在哪里、有谁在。
Last gift you gave your partner, and the occasion.你最近一次送对方什么礼物,什么场合。
Last gift your partner gave you.对方最近一次送你什么。
What you each did for the most recent major holiday, and with whom.最近一个大节日你们各自做了什么,和谁一起过。
Holidays that matter to each of you, including any from your home countries.对你们各自重要的节日,包括家乡的节日。
Religion of each partner, and how observant each is.各自的信仰,以及虔诚程度。
Name and location of the place of worship, if you attend.如果有去的话:宗教场所的名称和位置。
Do you attend together? How often?你们一起去吗?多久一次?
If your religions differ, how you have handled that.如果信仰不同,你们是怎么处理的。
Any customs or observances you keep at home.家里保留了哪些习俗或仪式。
What did you do for Valentine's Day or the equivalent this year?今年情人节或类似的日子你们做了什么?
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
13
Travel and time apart旅行与分开的日子
Trips generate the strongest documentary evidence — tickets, hotel names, photos with dates. List every trip you can, even short ones.旅行能留下最有力的书面证据:机票、酒店、带日期的照片。能想起来的行程都写上,短途的也算。
AB
Every trip you have taken together: date, destination, how you traveled, where you stayed, who paid, who booked it.你们一起去过的每一次旅行:日期、目的地、交通方式、住在哪里、谁付的钱、谁订的。
The most recent trip, in detail — dates and where you stayed.最近一次旅行的细节:日期和住的地方。
Has either of you traveled to the other's home country? When, and who did you meet there?有人去过对方的老家吗?什么时候,在那里见了谁?
Longest period you have been apart — dates and reason.分开最久的一次:起止时间和原因。
How you stayed in contact during that time, and how often.那段时间用什么方式联系,多久一次。
Any trip either of you took alone in the past year.过去一年有没有一个人出过远门。
Passport numbers and expiration dates, and where the passports are kept.护照号码和有效期,护照放在哪里。
Any trip currently planned or booked.目前有没有已经计划或订好的行程。
Where your travel photos are stored, and which trip has the most.旅行照片存在哪里,哪一次拍得最多。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
14
Children, stepchildren, pets孩子、继子女与宠物
Skip what does not apply. Where there are children from a prior relationship, the officer will want to understand the household as it actually functions.不适用的可以跳过。如果有前一段关系的孩子,面谈官会想了解这个家实际是怎么运作的。
AB
Children of this marriage — names, dates and places of birth.这段婚姻的孩子:姓名、出生日期和出生地。
Children from prior relationships — names, ages, where they live, custody arrangement.前一段关系的孩子:姓名、年龄、住在哪里、抚养安排。
What do the children call each partner?孩子怎么称呼你们两个?
School or daycare name and location; who does drop-off and pick-up.学校或托儿所的名称和位置;谁接、谁送。
Teacher's or pediatrician's name.老师或儿科医生叫什么名字。
Who is listed on school and medical forms?学校和医疗表格上填的是谁?
Have you discussed having children? What did you decide?你们讨论过要孩子吗?结论是什么?
Pets — names, type, breed, age, and when you got them.宠物:名字、种类、品种、年龄、什么时候养的。
Who feeds, walks, and takes the pet to the vet? Which vet?谁喂、谁遛、谁带去看兽医?哪家诊所?
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
15
The last two weeks最近两周
Recent, checkable, and impossible to prepare far in advance. Re-do this page the night before your interview.这些事最近、可核对,也没办法提前很久准备。面谈前一晚把这一页再做一遍。
AB
What did you do together last night?昨晚你们一起做了什么?
What was eaten for dinner last night, and who cooked or ordered it?昨晚吃了什么,谁做的或谁点的?
What time did each of you go to bed last night?昨晚各自几点睡的?
What did each of you wear yesterday?昨天各自穿了什么?
What did you do last weekend — Saturday and Sunday?上周末做了什么:周六和周日。
The last time you went out together — where and what date.上一次一起出门是去哪里、哪一天。
Who was the last visitor to your home, and when?最近一次谁来过家里,什么时候?
The last package delivered, and what was in it.最近收到的快递是什么,里面装的什么。
Anything on the calendar this week for either of you.这周你们各自有什么安排。
Any recent illness, car trouble, job change, or family news.最近有没有生病、车子出状况、换工作,或家里有什么消息。
The last time you laughed together, and about what.上一次一起大笑是什么时候,因为什么。
The last disagreement, and how it ended.最近一次意见不合,后来是怎么收场的。
What did you talk about on the way to this interview?来面谈的路上你们聊了什么?
How did you get here today, and who drove?今天怎么来的,谁开的车?
What did each of you eat this morning?今天早上各自吃了什么?
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
16
What comes next接下来的打算
Couples building a life together have concrete, boring plans. Those are more convincing than declarations of love.真正在过日子的两个人,会有具体又琐碎的计划。这些比表白更有说服力。
AB
Where do you expect to be living in two years? In five?两年后打算住在哪里?五年后呢?
Are you saving toward a home? A car? School?在为买房、买车还是读书存钱?
Career or education plans for each of you.你们各自在工作或学业上的打算。
Plans about children, or about the children you have.关于要孩子,或者关于现有孩子的打算。
Will either family visit, or immigrate later?哪边的家人以后会来探亲或移民吗?
Any plan to travel abroad together after this case is decided?案子有结果之后,有没有一起出国的打算?
What you want your life to look like in ten years, in your own words.用自己的话写下:十年后你希望你们的生活是什么样子。
Questions where our answers differed回答不一致的题号
17
History that must go to your attorney必须交给律师的过往
Answer these completely and privately. Do not leave anything out because it is embarrassing. Every item on this page goes to your immigration attorney before the interview — an issue disclosed early is manageable; the same issue discovered at the window is not.这一页请完整、私下作答,不要因为难堪就略过。这里的每一项都要在面谈之前交给移民律师。早说出来的问题多半能处理,面谈时才被发现的同一个问题就不行了。
AB
Prior marriages: spouse's name, date and place of marriage, how and when it ended, and where the divorce or death certificate is.过往婚姻:对方姓名、结婚日期和地点、如何以及何时结束、离婚证或死亡证明在哪里。
Was any prior marriage to a U.S. citizen or resident? Was a petition ever filed?以前的婚姻中有没有美国公民或绿卡持有者?有没有递交过申请?
Has either of you ever filed, or been the beneficiary of, a fiancé(e) or spousal petition before? When, and what happened?你们有没有递交过、或者作为受益人被申请过未婚妻或配偶签证?什么时候,结果如何?
Children from any prior relationship — names and ages.过往关系中的子女:姓名和年龄。
Every entry into the United States: date, port, visa type, and whether inspected.每一次入境美国:日期、口岸、签证类别,以及是否经过查验。
Any period out of status, overstay, or unauthorized employment.有没有过失去身份、逾期居留或无授权打工的时期。
Any prior visa denial, application denial, or withdrawal at a port of entry.有没有被拒签、申请被拒,或在口岸撤回入境申请。
Any removal, deportation, voluntary departure, or order in absentia.有没有被遣返、驱逐、自愿离境,或被缺席裁决。
Any arrest, citation, charge, or conviction, in any country, at any age, including dismissed and expunged matters.任何国家、任何年龄发生的逮捕、传票、指控或定罪,包括已撤销和已封存的记录。
Any use of a different name, date of birth, or document at any time.有没有使用过其他姓名、出生日期或证件。
Has either of you ever been offered, paid, or asked to pay anything in connection with a marriage or a petition?有没有人为了婚姻或申请,向你们提出过金钱往来,或要求你们付钱?
Anything either of you has not told the other that could come up at the interview.有没有什么事你还没告诉对方,而面谈时可能会被问到。
Any errors you have noticed in the forms already filed.已经递交的表格里,你发现过哪些错误。
Any period of separation during the marriage, including brief ones.婚姻期间有没有分居过,再短也要写。
Items to raise with the attorney before the interview面谈前要向律师提出的事项
18
Knowing each other了解彼此
These questions are not on any officer's list. They are here because the couples who interview best are the ones who have actually talked. Answer them slowly, and read each other's answers.这些问题不在任何面谈官的清单上。放在这里,是因为面谈表现最好的夫妻,往往是真正谈过心的那一对。慢慢答,然后读一读对方写的。
AB
What is your partner most afraid of?对方最怕的是什么?
What is your partner most proud of?对方最引以为傲的是什么?
What was the hardest period of your partner's life, and how did they get through it?对方人生中最难的一段是什么时候,他是怎么熬过来的?
What did your partner want to be when they were a child?对方小时候想做什么?
Describe your partner's relationship with each of their parents in one sentence.用一句话描述对方和父亲、母亲各自的关系。
What is weighing on your partner most right now?眼下压在对方心里最重的是什么?
How does your partner behave when they are upset, and what actually helps?对方难过的时候是什么样子,什么才真的有用?
How does your partner show love? How do they most want to receive it?对方怎么表达爱?他最希望以什么方式被爱?
What does your partner admire in you?对方欣赏你哪一点?
What is your partner most insecure about?对方最没有安全感的是什么?
Name a dream your partner has told you about.写下一个对方跟你说过的愿望。
What would your partner do with a completely free day?如果有一整天完全空着,对方会做什么?
Something your partner has changed their mind about since you met.认识以后,对方在哪件事上改变了看法?
What made you certain about this person?是什么让你确定了这个人?
Name a hard thing the two of you got through together.写下一件你们一起熬过来的难事。
What has been hardest about the immigration process for each of you?办移民这段路上,你们各自最难受的是什么?
What has each of you given up for this relationship?为了这段关系,你们各自放弃了什么?
What expectation from your family does each of you carry?你们各自背着家里的什么期待?
Where do the two of you disagree most deeply, and how do you live with it?你们最根本的分歧在哪里,又是怎么共处的?
What do you want the officer to understand about your marriage that a document cannot show?关于你们的婚姻,有什么是文件显示不出来、但你希望面谈官明白的?
What surprised us in each other's answers对方的答案里,让我们意外的地方
19
Your story, in order你们的故事,按顺序
Fill the timeline with dates you can support with documents. Then each of you write the story separately. Compare the two versions — where they diverge is where you need to talk, not where you need to match.时间线上填的日期,尽量是有文件可以佐证的。然后两人分开各写一遍。对照两个版本:不一样的地方是需要谈开的,不是需要改成一致的。
Timeline时间线
Event事件
Date日期
Place地点
Document佐证文件
First contact / first meeting初次联系或初次见面
First date第一次约会
Became exclusive确定交往
First met each other's family初次见对方家人
First trip together第一次一起出行
Began living together开始同住
Engagement订婚
Marriage结婚
Joint account / lease / policy联名账户、租约或保单
Petition filed递交申请
Biometrics采集指纹
Interview notice收到面谈通知
Other其他
Other其他
Write it out — each partner separately分开各自写下来
AB
How we met, in five to eight sentences.用 5 到 8 句话写下我们是怎么认识的。
Why I decided to marry this person.我为什么决定和这个人结婚。
What our life together looks like now, on an ordinary week.我们现在的生活,普通的一周是什么样子。
One memory of us I could describe with my eyes closed — what I saw, heard, and smelled.一段我闭上眼也能描述的回忆:当时看到什么、听到什么、闻到什么。
A second memory, from a different year.另一段回忆,发生在不同的年份。
What was happening in my life when we met.我们认识的时候,我的生活正在经历什么。
Where our two versions differ, and what we learned两个版本不同的地方,以及我们从中发现了什么
20
Evidence inventory证据清单
Check what you have. Circle what you still need. Bring originals plus one copy of everything; leave the copies with the officer if asked, and keep the originals.有的打勾,缺的圈出来。原件和复印件各带一份;面谈官索取时交复印件,原件自己收好。
Living together共同居住
Lease, deed, or mortgage with both names写有双方姓名的租约、房产证或贷款文件
Utility bills in both names, across several months连续数月、双方姓名的水电燃气账单
Mail addressed to each of you at the same address寄到同一地址、分别写着两人姓名的信件
Driver's licenses or state IDs showing the same address地址相同的驾照或州身份证
Renter's or homeowner's insurance listing both列出双方的租客险或房屋险
Vehicle registration, title, and auto insurance车辆注册、产权证明与车险
Phone plan listing both lines包含两个号码的手机套餐账单
Change-of-address confirmations地址变更确认函
Money together财务混同
Joint bank statements — every month available联名账户对账单,能拿到的每个月都要
Joint credit card statements联名信用卡账单
Tax returns or IRS transcripts filed jointly联合报税的报税表或税务记录
Health insurance card or enrollment listing spouse列有配偶的医疗保险卡或参保记录
Life insurance naming spouse as beneficiary以配偶为受益人的人寿保单
Retirement or 401(k) beneficiary designation退休金账户的受益人指定
Divorce decrees or death certificates for prior marriages过往婚姻的离婚判决书或死亡证明
All USCIS receipt and approval notices移民局所有收据与批准通知
Copies of every form filed已递交表格的副本
Updated medical exam, if requested如被要求,更新后的体检表
Tax returns for the sponsor and any joint sponsor担保人及联合担保人的报税表
Recent pay stubs and employment letter近期工资单与在职证明
Attorney's G-28 and contact number律师的 G-28 表与联系电话
Certified translations of anything not in English所有非英文材料的认证翻译件
Still missing — who is getting it, and by when还缺什么、谁去办、什么时候办好
21
The day itself面谈当天
What to expect, and how to answer.会发生什么,以及该怎么回答。
Before you go in进去之前
Arrive early. There is a security line, and lateness is recorded.提早到。要过安检排队,迟到会被记录。
Bring the appointment notice and photo ID for both of you, plus the evidence file organized in labeled sections.带上面谈通知和两人的带照片证件,以及分好类、贴好标签的证据夹。
Dress as you would for a serious appointment. Comfort matters more than formality.穿得像去办正事那样就好,舒服比正式更重要。
Arrange childcare if you can. Children may be required to attend in some cases — check your notice.尽量安排好孩子。有些情况下孩子必须到场,以通知信为准。
If you need an interpreter, bring one who is fluent, disinterested, and not a party to the case. Check your office's current rules on who may interpret.需要翻译的话,请一位语言流利、与案子无利害关系、也不是当事人的翻译。各办公室对翻译资格的规定不同,事先确认。
Your attorney may attend. Confirm in advance whether they will appear in person.律师可以到场。提前确认律师是否亲自出席。
Phones go off and stay off. Do not carry notes with rehearsed answers.手机关机并保持关机。不要带写好答案的小抄。
How the interview usually runs面谈通常的流程
You are placed under oath before questioning begins. Everything is under penalty of perjury.提问前会先宣誓,之后所说的一切都受伪证罪约束。
The officer typically reviews the forms line by line, confirming names, dates, addresses, employment, and the eligibility questions, then asks about the relationship.面谈官一般会逐行核对表格,确认姓名、日期、地址、工作和资格类问题,然后再问关系方面的问题。
Corrections to the forms are normal and are made on the spot. Say so when you notice one.当场更正表格是很正常的事。发现有错就说出来。
The officer may ask for original documents and keep copies.面谈官可能会要看原件并留下复印件。
Most interviews last twenty to sixty minutes.多数面谈在 20 到 60 分钟之间。
At the end you may be approved, told a decision will come by mail, given a request for more evidence, or scheduled for a second interview.结束时可能当场批准、告知结果邮寄、要求补件,或安排第二次面谈。
If you are interviewed separately如果被分开面谈
Separate questioning is used when an officer wants to compare accounts. It can be triggered by a large age gap, a short courtship, a recent divorce, a history of prior petitions, thin documentary evidence, inconsistent forms, or nothing at all.分开提问是为了对照两人的说法。年龄差距大、交往时间短、刚离过婚、以前递交过申请、书面证据太少、表格前后不一致,都可能引发;有时候也没有特别原因。
Each spouse is asked the same questions apart, and the answers are compared. You may be brought back together and asked about differences.两人分开被问同样的问题,然后对比答案。之后可能会把你们叫回一起,针对不同之处提问。
Differences are not fatal. You will be given a chance to explain. Explain honestly, including "I misremembered" or "I never knew that."答得不一样不等于完了。你会有解释的机会。老实说就好,包括“我记错了”或者“这个我从来不知道”。
Do not guess to avoid looking ignorant. A wrong confident answer is worse than an honest blank.不要为了不显得什么都不懂就乱猜。斩钉截铁答错,比老实说不知道糟糕得多。
How to answer回答的方式
Answer only the question asked. Stop talking when you have answered it.只回答被问到的问题。答完就停。
Short and specific beats long and general.简短具体,好过又长又笼统。
If you do not understand, ask for the question to be repeated or rephrased. Do this in your own language if needed.没听懂就请对方重复或换个说法。需要的话用自己的语言说。
If you realize you said something wrong, correct it immediately and out loud.发现自己说错了,马上出声更正。
Do not answer for your spouse, prompt them, or exchange looks.不要替配偶回答、不要提示、不要使眼色。
Do not argue with the officer, and do not fill silences.不要和面谈官争辩,也不要急着打破沉默。
If a question feels intrusive, answer it plainly anyway, or say you are uncomfortable and ask whether you must answer.如果问题让你觉得被冒犯,还是平实地答;或者说明自己不太自在,并询问是否必须回答。
Never sign anything you have not read or do not understand.没读过或没看懂的东西,绝不签字。
Never present a document you have not verified. A single altered paper can end the case permanently.没核实过的文件绝不提交。一张被改动过的纸,足以让案子永久断送。
Notes and questions for our attorney要问律师的问题与备注
22
Discrepancy log差异记录表
Everything from the amber strips lands here. Work through it together, then bring this page to your attorney. Where an answer differed because one of you did not know, the fix is to learn it. Where it differed because of memory, the fix is to be able to say so calmly.黄色栏里记下的都汇总到这里。一起过一遍,再把这一页带给律师。如果是因为一方不知道而答不上,补上就好;如果只是记忆有出入,能平静地说明就够了。
Q #题号
A saidA 的回答
B saidB 的回答
Why it differed为什么不同
Settled / open已解决 / 待办
Practice schedule练习进度表
Four weeks out — Sections 1 through 9, separately, then compare.面谈前 4 周:第 1 到 9 节,分开作答后核对。
Three weeks out — Sections 10 through 14 and the evidence inventory. Order anything missing.前 3 周:第 10 到 14 节和证据清单。缺的材料马上去补。
Two weeks out — Section 17 with your attorney. Sections 18 and 19 together, unhurried.前 2 周:第 17 节和律师一起过。第 18、19 节两人一起慢慢做。
One week out — Repeat any section with more than two entries in the log. Assemble the file.前 1 周:差异记录超过两条的那几节重做一遍,并整理好材料夹。
The night before — Section 15 only. Sleep.前一晚:只做第 15 节,然后好好睡觉。